Monday 20 February 2012

Pre Diet

So yesterday I started the Optifast Pre - surgery diet, which is mainly to help shrink your liver so the surgeon doesn't have to deal with it too much.

I am allowed 3 shakes per day, with 2 cups of vegetables from the allowed list, and need to drink a heap of water.

So to start with i got a new shaker :

It's Zyliss brand and cost about $11.00 and works well on the shakes!

I also got a new drink bottle to encourage me to drink more water:

It's Bobble brand and holds just under a litre, was $10.00


Yesterday I had: 
3 shakes, one for each meal
vegetable stock cube in hot water  X2- to simulate soup - wasn't that bad.
1 cup of grapes - I'm not meant to have fruit, but i broke and now have grape guilt.
1 cup of mushroom,spinach,bok coy,tomato brussel sprouts fried in a teaspoon of oil. - i could eat two but was full!!!!
and 3 sugar free lollies to keep me alive.

I had 4 drink bottles of water yesterday.

I was really hungry to start with but am doing much better today - having the same thing as yesterday, however I had 1 cup of veggies at lunch and should be ok until diner.

With the optifast, i like the chocolate and coffee, vanilla was ok, and I'm not so keep on the strawberry, it was more lumpy than the others and i don't like the smell.

I have started a multi vitamin and added fibre dust to the veggies.

I had a major headache this morning and have been going to the loo a lot - too much info? - think its the water intake.

Im actually feeling ok, but yesterday was hard, i was so hungry that i couldn't concentrate and was grumpy.

I think it made this very real and its hard to let go of those feelings of just wanting to eat a bag of M&M's.

Bring on tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment